Do you need help with getting a Spectrum app on LG smart TV? It’s not a big deal to access your favorite TV shows and movies through Spectrum App on LG TV.
There are a couple of ways to get the Spectrum app; even if you’re unable to find the app in LG Content Store, you can use the Airplay feature, screen mirroring, FireSticks, and Chromecast, etc., to access this streaming app.
In today’s guide, we will talk about all these methods, so you can choose the most preferable procedure according to your choice.
So let’s dive into it.
Is Spectrum App Available On LG TV?
Just like Android TVs have Google Play Store, likewise LG smart TVs come with LG Content Store. There are bundles of apps available on the LG content store, but does it have a Spectrum app?
Unfortunately, the Spectrum app is not available for WebOS. Therefore, you can’t directly down the app on LG TV. Rather you have to opt for a few alternatives that are also effective and work very well.
I’m personally using an Amazon FireStick with my LG NanoCell 65” TV to get the Spectrum app and other streaming services.
But you don’t need to worry, and I’m going to share the exact methods that will help you to stream Spectrum app on LG TV.
1- Use Airplay Feature
Being an iPhone user Airplay feature is one of my favorite thing that lets me share content from my iPhone to LG TV. Thankfully, with Airplay, you can mirror content on TV in its peak resolution.
Unluckily, Android phone users can’t use this feature, so they can skip this step.
Secondly, the Airplay feature is only available on LG TVs that are running on WebOS 4.0 and later versions. So if you’re using a 2018 model LG TV or upper versions, then you can take advantage of Airplay.
Here are the steps to mirror your Apple Device to LG TV through Airplay;
- Before connecting your LG TV and iPhone, make sure that both are on the same wifi network.
- Next, you need to make sure that the Airplay feature is turned on on your LG TV.
- Open the Home Screen on LG TV, go to the Home Dashboard, and tap on Airplay.
- Toggle on the Airplay feature.
- Now grab your iPhone, and scroll down to the open control center.
- You will see a “Screen mirroring” icon; tap on it.
- And select your LG TV from the list.
- A code will appear on the LG TV screen, enter the code for confirmation, and you’re good to go.
- Now install the Spectrum app on LG TV, and put the login credentials.
- Play your desired movie or TV show that you want to stream on LG TV.
- Make sure to turn off the Portrait orientation lock on your iPhone to view content in landscape mode.
2- Mirror Android Phone To LG TV
Android users can also mirror their phone screen to LG TV from their sofa. It’s one of the easiest methods on our list to get the Spectrum app.
You don’t need any third-party apps to share screens on LG TV. Only make sure that your Android phone and LG TV are connected to the same internet.
The method only works if you’re using Android 9.0 or above version. Here are the steps to follow.
Step 1: If you’re using the latest Android phone, then swipe down from the top.
Step 2: Swipe again to expand the phone menu, and you will see a screen-sharing option, tap on it.
Step 3: Now, from the list, select your LG TV model, and you’re done.
Step 4: In a few Android phones, you will see a screen sharing option in the settings. Go to Settings > Connection & Sharing > Wireless Display. Tap on it and select your LG TV.
3- Use Chromecast
The next method to get the Spectrum app on LG TV is to use a Chromecast. Few LG TVs have built-in Chromecast, but if your TV lack this feature, you can go for a Chromecast dongle.
Using this feature, you can mirror your phone to LG TV. You might think we can also mirror phones to LG TV without Chromecast. But the advantage here is you will get high-resolution pictures and sound.
Below are the steps to connect Chromecast with LG TV and stream the Spectrum app.
- First, get the Chromecast dongle from Amazon or any physical store.
- Connect it to LG TV via HDMI port.
- Now switch to the input/source to which Chromecast is connected.
- Now there are two ways to use Chromecast and stream the Spectrum app. In the first method, you can connect the Chromecast of LG TV via the Google Home app and start screen mirroring from there. Or secondly, you can directly share the screen from the Spectrum app. We will go for the second method.
- Open the Spectrum app on your phone, play the desired video that you want to share on LG TV, and tap on the cast icon from the top right corner.
4- Use Built-in Browser On LG TV To Watch Spectrum TV
The built-in browser on LG TV is one of my favorite things. Apart from just searching and reading blogs, you can also stream content on a browser, and access Spectrum app directly.
The latest LG TV has a web browser, and even you can also install Chrome browser on LG TV.
- Open the Home Screen on LG smart TV.
- Scroll down and find “Web Browser,” and tap on it.
- Now open the Spectrum website: watch.spectrum.net.
- Put your account credentials in.
- And you’re good to go. Now you can stream your favorite TV shows, movies, and a bunch of other content.
5- Use A FireStick
Streaming sticks are everyones favorite, and they give access to hundreds of streaming apps without any distractions.
There are many FireSticks available on the market, and almost everyone can give you access to the Spectrum app.
FireSticks are very easy to set up; all you need is to connect it to your LG TV via HDMI. Now open the device’s App Store and search for Spectrum. From there, you can download the app on LG TV.
Apart from that, you can also use other streaming devices like gaming consoles, Apple TVs, Roku Sticks, and many more.
Due to dozens of streaming devices, it’s not a big deal to get Spectrum on LG TV. Even though LG WebOS doesn’t support the Spectrum app, you don’t need to worry.
In the above guide, we have mentioned the five different ways that will surely help you to get the Spectrum app on LG TV without wasting time.
Can I download the Spectrum app through the LG Content Store?
No, none of the LG TVs supports the Spectrum app; you can’t download the app through LG WebOS. But there are alternative ways that all help you to get the app on LG TV.
Can I get the Spectrum app through Xbox?
Yes, if you have an Xbox gaming console, you can use it to stream the Spectrum app. Xbox supports a lot of other streaming services like Netflix, Disney Plus, Paramount, and much more.
Do LG TVs are Android?
No, none of the LG TVs are Android. LG TV has its own operating system called WebOS and has its own app store called “LG Content Store.” You can use various TV boxes to convert the LG TV to Android. This will let you access tons of streaming apps that are not available on the LG Content Store.
Hi! I’m Aiden Elliot. I’m a tech nerd and have worked in the tech industry for the last 7 years. Now I have founded JustSmartHues to help you fix tech issues. I hope you will find this blog helpful.