Are you struggling with some fault in your Samsung smart TV? If yes, then you should reset your Samsung TV. Resetting the TV solves many problems and bugs.
Resetting Samsung TV is straightforward, and you can reset it from the settings. But if you don’t have a remote control or your remote got damaged then how can you rest the Samsung smart TV without a remote?
In this article, we will share some quick steps that will help you reset Samsung TV without a remote.
Different Methods Reset Samsung TV Without Remote
- Reset using a wired keyboard
- Reset using the physical button
- Reset Using Mobile Ap
- Reset Using IR Sensor
Method 1: Reset Samsung TV Using a Wired Keyboard
The first method is very easy; you just need a wired keyboard that can control Samsung TV. Plug the keyboard into the USB port on the back side of the Samsung smart TV.
Now check whether the keyboard is working fine with your Samsung TV. If the keyword is working fine, then you’re good to go.
- Hold down the “Esc” and Windows buttons together to open Settings.
- Go down to General -> Reset.
- Enter the Samsung TV security pin “0000” and reset the Samsung smart TV.
Method 2: Reset Samsung TV using the physical button
All Samsung TV models have a physical button; using that button, you can easily reset without a Samsung TV remote. And it is one of the most recommended methods if you don’t have a keyboard.
Here are the steps to reset Samsung TV using physical buttons:
- Turn on the Samsung TV for a few seconds.
- Locate the power button on Samsung smart TV, and press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- This will reset your Samsung Smart TV.
Method 3: Reset Samsung TV Through Mobile
Luckily you can control the Samsung TV via your smartphone, and reset the TV. All you need to do is install a “SmartThings” app on your smartphone, which is available for Android and iOS phones.
Now follow these steps to reset the Samsung smart TV with the app;
- Open the SmartThings app on your smartphone.
- Sign in to your Samsung account; if you don’t have one, just sign up.
- After successful sign-in, tap the “+” icon and add your Samsung Smart TV.
- Once the Samsung TV is connected, you can use your smartphone as a remote to control the smart TV; before connecting, make sure that your Samsung Smart TV and smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now use the Smartphone app, and navigate through Settings on TV.
- Go to General -> Reset, and factory reset Samsung TV.
Method 4: Reset Samsung TV Using IR Sensor
You can convert your smartphone to a universal TV remote if your smartphone has an IR sensor. And this method can be used to reset the Samsung TV without needing a physical remote.
You must install the “Universal TV Remote Control app” from the Play Store or Apple Store. And connect your Samsung smart TV with the app.
Remember that this method will only work if your smartphone has an IR sensor. Otherwise, you can opt for other methods mentioned above.
Here are the steps to reset Samsung TV Using the Phone’s IR Sensor
- First, install the “Universal TV Remote Control App.”
- Launch the app, tap “TV/Devices List,” and search for the Samsung TV.
- The app will automatically detect your Samsung TV only if your TV is on.
- Tap on your Samsung TV model for the final configuration. Once the app is connected, you can use your phone as a remote control.
- Not point the IR sensor of your phone towards the Samsung TV and open the Settings menu.
- Go to “General,” look for the Reset option, and rest your Samsung smart TV to its factory settings. Enter “0000” as a password if it asks for a code.
Contact Samsung Support
If none of the above methods works for you, contact the Samsung support team. Samsung has a highly professional support team, and they will guide you to solve your problem step by step.
And if your Samsung TV is under warranty, you can also claim it. They will easily return your Samsung TV if the issue is covered under warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between the soft reset and the factory reset?
In the soft reset, your Samsung smart TV shuts down briefly and restarts back, and the data remains safe during the soft reset. In contrast, factory reset or hard reset deletes all of your data from the smart TV and resets the Samsung TV to its factory settings.
Is It good to reset Samsung TV?
Yes, resetting Samsung TV solves a lot of problems. If your smart TV screen is stuck, lagging, becoming slow, or facing any other issue, you should reset your Samsung TV.
Can I reset my Samsung TV without a remote?
Yes, you can reset Samsung TV without a remote; there are a lot of methods to do this. You can use the wired keyboard to reset your smart TV or use a smartphone app to make your phone a remote control for your Samsung Smart TV.
If you want to reset Samsung TV without a remote, you can reset the TV using a keyboard, physical buttons, or a smartphone app. In this article, we have mentioned each method in detail.
Resetting Samsung smart TV solves major issues, bugs, screen lagging, and other major issues. I hope this article has solved your problems.
Hi! I’m Aiden Elliot. I’m a tech nerd and have worked in the tech industry for the last 7 years. Now I have founded JustSmartHues to help you fix tech issues. I hope you will find this blog helpful.