The Hisense TVs are affordable and reliable, offering many smart features. But when it comes to installing apps, most people get confused.
We have many questions from our readers asking why there is no App Store on Hisense smart TV. And to install new apps on the TV.
If you’re a Hisense TV owner, adding a new app to your Home Screen might be challenging.
But you don’t need to worry at all; in this guide, I will discuss where the app store on Hisense smart TV is and how to add new apps.
Is There Any App Store On Hisense Smart TV?
App Store is one of the crucial elements in Smart TVs that let you install your desired streaming app.
I know how frustrating finding an App Store on Hisense smart TV is.
Before asking, “Is there any App Store on Hisense Smart Tv.” You must know which operating system your Hisense smart TV is using.
Hisense smart TVs use different operating systems like VIDAA, Android, or a few Hisense TVs that work as Roku TVs.
Most people in the USA go for the VIDAA operating system, and later they will get up against the wall because they don’t see any Play Store.
Whereas the Hisense Roku and Android TVs have a lot of apps available on their store to install.
How To Download Apps On Hisense VIDAA TV?
The Hisense smart TV that runs on VIDAA OS has a dedicated App Store, and unfortunately, a limited number of apps are available on this app store.
If you’re a Netflix, Prime, or YouTube fan, the VIDAA OS is okay, as it offers all these major apps. But it has a limited number of streaming apps, making it worth less for streaming lovers.
Even though the speed of Hisense smart TV that operates on VIDAA OS is faster.
The good news is you can still buy a FireStick, connect it with your Hisense VIDAA TV, and get unlimited streaming apps. I know it defeats the purpose of buying a massive smart tv, but in the end, it’s the only option to access your favorite streaming apps.
Here are the steps to install the apps via VIDAA App Store.
- Turn on the TV and open the Home Screen.
- Find “My Apps” and press an okay button from the remote.
- Within “My Apps,” locate “App Store” and tap on it.
- Here you will find different app categories, including; Movies, Games, Kids, Internet TV, and more.
- You can also find the specific app using the search features.
- Once you have got the desired app, tap on it.
- It will take you to a new page, where you will see an install button; tap on it to install that app.
- After successful installation, the app will appear on Hisense TV Home Screen.
Get Unlimited Apps On Hisense VIDAA TV?
The Hisense VIDAA TV doesn’t have a Google Play Store; it only has a VIDAA app store with a limited app collection.
If you got the Hisense VIDAA TV, you won’t find all the streaming apps on its App Store.
So what should you do now?
You don’t need to fret, just spend 30 or 40 bucks more and get the Amazon FireStick or Roku Stick. I like Amazon FireStick; it’s user-friendly and allows you to access hundreds of streaming apps available in your region.
So if you crave watching different streaming platforms like Crunchyroll, Peacock, HBO Max, or Paramount +, a FireStick is the best bet.
Here are the steps to connect FireStick with Hisense smart TV to get unlimited apps.
- First, plug the FireStick into the HDMI port of the Hisense smart TV.
- With a FireStick, you will also get a USB power cable; connect one end to the micro USB port on the FireStick and the other to any power outlet or in the USB port of Hisense smart TV.
- Open the TV input settings, and select the input of the HDMI port through which you have connected the FireStick.
- Now pair the FireStick remote with Fire TV Stick. Press the “Home” button on the remote for 10 seconds to pair.
- Once the remote is paired, press the play button on the remote to set it up. Follow the on-screen instructions, and you’re good to go.
Once your FireStick is set up, installing the app on it is a breeze. Open the App Store to access hundreds of streaming and other apps.
Is There Any App Store On Hisense Roku TV?
Hisense also makes Roku TV, and installing the app on Roku TV is pretty different.
You won’t see any App Store option on Hisense Roku TV or Play Store. Instead, it has a “Add Channels” option to get your desired streaming app.
Here are the steps to download and install the app on Hisense Roku TV;
- Press the “Home” button on the remote control.
- Scroll down on Home Screen until you find “Add Channels,” press okay to open it.
- You will find all the available apps you can install on the TV.
- You can navigate through different categories or search for a desired app that you want to install.
- Once you have the desired app, tap on it, and choose “Add Channel.” Once the channel is installed, it will appear on the Home screen.
Don’t Find the App Store On Hisense TV? Try This Workaround
If you don’t find App Store on your Hisense smart TV, what should you do?
The first way is to get the FireStick, but if you don’t have one, use the Airplay feature of Hisense TV to stream your favorite content.
Here are steps to streaming your favorite app on Hisense smart TV via Airplay.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and install the app you want on Hisense smart TV.
- Open the app, put in account credentials to log in, and play the desired content.
- Tap on the Airplay button from the top right corner or Bottom, and a list of devices will pop up on the screen, choose your TV.
- Now a desired video will automatically mirror on Hisense smart TV. Happy streaming!
Does Hisense Smart TV Have Google Play Store?
Google Play Store is one of the famous App Stores that allows you to access thousands of apps, but is it available on Hisense Smart TVs?
But if you own a Hisense TV that runs on VIDAA or have a Roku TV, you will get deprived of Google Play Store.
I love Hisense Android TV because they have a Play Store with a plethora of apps, and you don’t need to buy any external streaming device.
Installing apps on the Hisense TV Play store is as easy as installing apps on a smartphone.
“No App Store on Hisense TV” sounds unpleasant. Every Hisense TV has an App Store from where you can install the apps. But the difference is; the App Store name is changed for VIDAA Hisense TV, Android models, and Roku.
If you have a VIDAA TV, you must first open “My Apps,” there, you will find the “App Store” to install apps.
There is a Google Play store on Android Hisense TV to install the desired app. Or if the Hisense TV is Roku, you can find the app under “Add Channels.”
If you’re still having trouble finding the App Store, follow the user manual.
Moreover, the Airplay feature and FireStick devices are also a great workaround to get the desired streaming app on your Hisense TV.
In the end, if you cannot find the app store on Hisense TV, don’t forget to contact Hisense Support; they will surely help you in this matter.
Can I Install Android App on VIDAA Hisense TVs?
You can’t directly install the Android app on VIDAA Hisense TVs. VIDAA App Store has limited apps that are made for VIDAA OS. If you want additional apps on Hisense TV, connect a FireStick with it or use the Airplay feature.
What to do if the Hisense VIDAA App Store is not working?
If the VIDAA App Store is not working on Hisense TV, try to update the firmware of the TV or restart the TV. If the App Store is still not working, power reset the TV or reset it to default factory settings.
Should I buy VIDAA Hisense TV or Android?
The Hisense TVs that run on VIDAA OS give a faster and smooth performance, but a limited number of apps are available on the VIDAA app store. Whereas, Hisense Android TVs have a Google Play store that allows you to access thousands of apps?
Hi! I’m Aiden Elliot. I’m a tech nerd and have worked in the tech industry for the last 7 years. Now I have founded JustSmartHues to help you fix tech issues. I hope you will find this blog helpful.