Netflix plans are limited to a certain number of devices; if you exceed that limit, you can’t log in to other accounts.
If you’ve logged into a Netflix account on someone else’s device, you’ve lost your Netflix account limit. You need to kick them off because that person can access your payment details.
In this article, I will describe how to kick someone off your Netflix account without changing your password.
How Can I Kick Someone Off My Netflix Account Without Changing Password?
But if the person knows the password, you must change it because he/she can log in back once you log them out.
And if the person doesn’t know the password, you can use different methods to kick them off.
1- Log out of all devices
The most convenient way to remove your Netflix account from someone else device is to sign out from all devices.
You can sign out from all devices using your laptop or mobile phone. So first, let’s talk about how to Sign out of all devices using a mobile phone.
- Grab your mobile phone and open the browser.
- Go to Netflix.com and log in to your Account.
- Tap on three lines icon from the top left corner.
- Tap on Account.
- Scroll down and tap on “Sign out of all devices.”
- Tap Sign Out.
Now, your Netflix account is removed from all the devices. And you have to put login credentials again to log into your device.
Below is the step to sign out Netflix using a laptop.
- Open Netflix.com on the web browser.
- From the top right corner, tap on your profile.
- Tap on Account.
- Under the Settings section, tap “Sign out of all devices.”
2- Kick Off The Specific Device From Your Netflix Account
If you know the suspected device, you don’t need to sign out from all other devices; just remove that from the setting.
I used this method to remove my Netflix account from my cousin’s device. The good news is you can also see the recent device activity to know about the suspected device.
- Open Netflix.com on your laptop and tap on your profile photo.
- Under Settings, tap on recent device activity.
- Here you can see all the devices that are using your Netflix account, along with the location.
Once you have identified the suspected device, it’s time to remove it.
- Open the Netflix website on your laptop, and from the top right, tap on your profile photo.
- Under Settings, tap on “Manage Download Devices.”
- From here, you can remove the specific device using your Netflix account.
4- Delete The Netflix Account Profile
If you have created a separate profile for the person you want to remove, you can simply delete their profile.
This simple method will kick them off from your Netflix account, and he/she will no longer access your Netflix account.
- Open the Netflix website on your laptop browser.
- Tap on your profile picture and then tap on “Manage Profile.
- Tap on the profile that you want to delete, and tap on the “Delete Profile” option.
Now all the account history, activity, and ratings of that profile be deleted forever.
4- Cancel Your Netflix Subscription And Create A New Account
If your Netflix subscription is going to end, you can simply cancel that subscription and create a new account. This method will also kick everyone off your Netflix account.
If everyone knew your Netflix account password, I recommend you create a new one because a person with your Netflix account details can alter the payment method and settings, which is risky.
Below are the steps to cancel a Netflix account subscription.
- Open the Netflix account on your laptop’s browser.
- Tap on your profile photo, and select Account.
- Under “Membership & Billing,” tap on “Cancel Membership.”
- Click the “Finish Cancellation” to delete your subscription.
- This method will delete your payment details and subscription, so no one can access your personal payment details.
Once you have canceled the subscription, create a new Netflix account with a new password, and don’t share it with anyone else.
I hope you find this article helpful. To kick someone off Netflix without changing passwords, you need to sign out of Netflix from all devices. Also, to keep the privacy of your Account and protect the payment methods, you shouldn’t share the password with everyone.
If you have shared the password with many people, you need to change the password immediately. If you don’t want to change the password, then cancel the account subscription and create a new Netflix account.
Will signing out of all devices disrupt my Netflix preferences and watch history?
No, signing out of all devices will not disrupt your Netflix preferences and watch history. These are stored on Netflix’s servers and tied to your Account, not to the device you’re watching on. Therefore, once you sign back in, your preferences and watch history will be as you left them.
How can I ensure the removed person cannot access my Netflix account again?
After signing out of all devices, ensure the person you want to remove does not have access to your Netflix password. If they do not know your password, they cannot log back in.
Does Netflix offer 2-factor authentication?
No, Netflix does not currently offer two-factor authentication. However, this is a feature that may be added in the future. Until then, it is important to choose a secure password and keep it safe from others to ensure your Account remains secure.
Hi! I’m Aiden Elliot. I’m a tech nerd and have worked in the tech industry for the last 7 years. Now I have founded JustSmartHues to help you fix tech issues. I hope you will find this blog helpful.