The HBO Max is one of the famous streaming apps that everyone wants. Due to the exclusive content and latest TV shows, movies, and serials, folks also want HBO Max on Switch.
In this article, I will teach you how to get the HBO Max app on Nintendo Switch and enjoy your favorite TV shows without any barriers.
Is HBO Max On Switch?
Unfortunately, the HBO Max is not available on Switch. You can still download other famous streaming apps like YouTube, Netflix, or Prime. But there is no HBO max on the eShop of Switch.
HBO Max is a streaming app and not a TV Channel like HBO, so it’s not available on Nintendo Switch. On the contrary, the HBO Max is available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox.
Luckily, there are some other alternatives that you can use to install HBO Max on Nintendo Switch. So let’s directly discuss all these methods.
Related Post: HBO Max Keep Signing Me Out
1- Get HBO Max On Switch Via Hulu App
Hulu has an extensive content library, and you can also get another app like ESPN+ or Disney Plus on the Hulu app. With the Hulu app, you can also get HBO Max on Switch.
Thankfully, the Hulu app offers HBO Max across all its plans, including the Base and bundle plans. Subscribing HBO Max via Hulu will cost you $15.99 per month, and with that, you can access all the exclusive content of HBO Max on Switch.
Here are the steps to get HBO Max on Switch Via the Hulu app.
- Open the Hulu website on the browser.
- Put your account credentials to log in.
- Tap on your profile, and select Manage Add-ons under the Subscription section.
- Here, you will find all the available add-ons. Choose the HBO max and click on the “+” icon.
- Click on the submit button, and you’re done.
- After the successful payment, the HBO Max will be added to your Hulu app.
- Now, you need to create an HBO Max profile; for this purpose, open the HBO Max website and select Sign In With A Provider. It will show the list of all available providers; select Hulu.
- Put Hulu credentials to log in, create your HBO Max profile, and you’re done.
- Install the Hulu app on Switch via eShop.
- Use the Hulu account credentials to log in.
- Now, here you can access all the content of HBO Max.
2- Use The Nintendo Switch Browser To Watch HBO Max
The second way to watch HBO Max on Switch is by using the Switch browser. You can access any streaming app and watch the desired content with the switch browser.
But have you ever seen an internet browser on Nintendo Switch?
I know most people haven’t seen the default browser on Switch. There is a secret browser, and you must use a divergent approach to access the browser. And once you open the browser, you can access HBO Max.
Here are the steps to open the browser on Switch;
- Go to Settings from the Nintendo Switch Home Screen.
- Internet > Internet Settings.
- Choose the wifi network that you’re connected with.
- Go to Change Settings.
- Go to DNS settings and change it to manual.
- Tap on Primary DNS, and enter “045.055.142.122”. Enter the Okay.
- Tap the Save button, and choose “Connect to This Network.”
- Wait for a few seconds until it shows the message “Registration is required to use this network.”
- Tap on the “Next” button.
- Now, it will take you to a new screen; tap on “Continue To Google.”
- And done! You can now use the browser on your Nintendo Switch.
Once you have access to the browser, it’s time to open HBO Max on the Nintendo Switch browser.
- On the Google search engine, simply type HBO Max Login.
- Open the website, and it appears on the top.
- Put your account credentials to log in.
- After the successful login, you will be able to access the extensive content library of HBO Max.
- Now enjoy streaming on Switch.
3- Download HBO Max Videos For Offline Streaming
Lastly, you can use any third-party downloader to download HBO Max videos on Switch and watch them anytime, anywhere you want.
The Nintendo Switch has 32GB of storage to store your favorite TV shows or movies. You can also expand the microSDXC cards to expand the storage up to 2TB.
Many third-party downloaders are available to download HBO Max videos, including VideoGo, KeepStreams, etc.
I hope you got the answer that HBO Max is unavailable on Switch. But you can access it via the Hulu app or using the browser. You can also use a third-party downloader to save HBO Max videos for offline streaming.
Hi! I’m Aiden Elliot. I’m a tech nerd and have worked in the tech industry for the last 7 years. Now I have founded JustSmartHues to help you fix tech issues. I hope you will find this blog helpful.