A general public question we frequently get is, “How to get Crunchyroll on Vizio TV” Unfortunately, you can’t directly install the Crunchyroll on Vizio TV via the SmartCast store. Still, there are alternative ways to get this app on Vizio TV.
In today’s guide I will discuss some of the best ways to get Crunchyroll on Vizio TV.
What Are The Ways To Get Crunchyroll On Vizio TV?
The Vizio smart TV runs on SmartCast OS, but unfortunately, Crunchyroll is unavailable on SmartCast OS.
But if you don’t want to miss the app, you can use the alternative below to get it on your Vizio TV.
- Take Advantage Of Built-in Chromecast In Vizio TV
- Use AirPlay
- Use a Fire TV Stick
- Install Crunchyroll with a Flash Drive
Related Post: How Many People Can Watch Crunchyroll At Once
1- Take Advantage Of Built-in Chromecast In Vizio Smart TV
Most of the latest Vizio smart TV has built-in Chromecast, a valuable feature to expand the app’s compatibility with your Vizio screen.
The Chromecast feature helps you to stream Crunchyroll seamlessly on your Vizio smart TV. All you have to need is a smartphone that supports Chromecast.
Here are the steps to stream your favorite Crunchyroll anime on Vizio smart TV using the Chromecast feature.
- Turn on Vizio smart TV.
- Grab your smartphone, and install the Crunchyroll app.
- Once the app is installed, open it and put your credentials.
- Now play your favorite anime that you want on your Vizio smart TV.
- From the top right corner, tap on the Cast icon, and a pop-up will appear, select your smart TV.
- Now the Crunchyroll is on your Vizio smart TV. And you can stream the content in peak resolution that Vizio TV supports.
Note: You can’t use this method if the Vizio smart TV model doesn’t have a built-in Chromecast. For such an instance, you can opt for a physical Chromecast set and connect it to your Vizio TV.
2- Use AirPlay To Stream Crunchyroll On Vizio Smart TV
Nothing can surpass the Airplay features of iOS devices. If you’re an iPhone user, use Airplay and stream Crunchyroll directly on your Vizio smart TV.
Airplay delivers high-quality video with HD sound wirelessly to your smart TV. Unlike screen mirroring or Bluetooth, the Airplay sustains the originality of image and sound.
Below are the steps to use AirPlay and watch Crunchyroll on your Vizio smart TV;
- Open Vizio smart TV Home Screen, and from the top bar, hover to Extras.
- Under Extras, Tap on Airplay and turn it on.
- Grab your iPhone, scroll down from the top and tap on Screen Mirroring.
- The iPhone will automatically search for your Vizio smart TV model.
- Once the iPhone is connected to the Vizio smart TV, you’re done.
- Now open your iPhone, and install the Crunchyroll app.
- Put your Crunchyroll credentials to login into Crunchyroll account.
- Pay for your favorite anime, which will automatically show on your Vizio TV screen.
Related Article: How To Get Spectrum App On Vizio TV
3- Use a Fire TV Stick To Get Crunchyroll On Vizio Smart TV
If you have a crazy craving for entertainment, don’t forget to go for a Fire TV Stick. It will let you access millions of movies, TV shows and hundreds of streaming apps.
Likewise, you can get Crunchyroll on Vizio smart TV using FireStick. Even if you have an older Vizio TV model, you can still use these mini streaming devices with Vizio TV and get your desired streaming app.
Below are the steps to stream the Crunchyroll app using Fire TV Stick on your Vizio smart TV.
- First, plug the FireStick into the HDMI port of the Vizio smart TV.
- Make sure that both devices are connected with the same internet connection.
- Set up the FireStick.
- Open the app section on FireStick, and search for the Crunchyroll app.
- Tap on the install button to download the app on your FireStick.
Related Post: How To Get Peacock On Vizio TV
4- Install Crunchyroll On Vizio Smart TV with a Flash Drive
If you’re smitten with free options, use a USB drive to get the Crunchyroll app on Vizio smart TV.
- First, connect the USB to your laptop, and format it.
- Download the Crunchyroll apk file and upload it to the USB drive.
- Before connecting the USB with Vizio smart TV, install the “Solid Explorer” app. This file manager helps you to install third-party APK files on Vizio TV.
- Now connect the USB to Vizio smart TV.
- Next, open the Solid Explorer and navigate to “External Memory”.
- Select the Crunchyroll apk file and install it.
Related Post: How Add Apps To Dish Hopper
Unlike Samsung tv, or LG smart tv, it’s little tricky to download apps on Vizio smart TVs.
Vizio TVs support the SmartCast operating system, and most streaming apps are unavailable on this platform. So you must take extra steps to get your desired streaming app.
Similarly, you can’t download the Crunchyroll app directly on your Vizio smart TV; you must use other resources to get the app. We have mentioned some proven ways to get the Crunchyroll app on Vizio smart TV.
Hopefully, this guide solves your problem, and now you can stream your variety of anime shows on Vizio TV.
Which anime app is available on Vizio TV?
The only anime app available on Vizio’s SmartCast is the Funimation app, the best alternative to the Crunchyroll app.
How can I get the Crunchyroll app on my older Vizio TV?
The only way to get the Crunchyroll app on older Vizio TV is by using FireStick. You can connect the FireStick with the older Vizio TV using an HDMI port and stream anime shows on the Crunchyroll app.
Does every Vizio TV have a built-in Chromecast?
No, only the latest Vizio TV models support built-in Chromecast. But if your Vizio TV has no built-in Chromecast, you can connect an external Chromecast set with it.
Hi! I’m Aiden Elliot. I’m a tech nerd and have worked in the tech industry for the last 7 years. Now I have founded JustSmartHues to help you fix tech issues. I hope you will find this blog helpful.