Do you find clutter of apps on your Vizio TV’s Home Screen? I know it’s frustrating. If you have a lot of apps on Vizio TV, it creates a mess and makes the home Screen look weird.
To deal with this situation, you should delete apps on Vizio TV. After deleting the apps, your TV’s Home Screen looks minimalist and nice. This will also free up space on the TV, so you can install new apps.
Similarly, if you become bored of some apps on Vizio smart TV and want to delete them, follow this guide. In this article, I will discuss the quick steps to delete apps on Vizio TV.
How To Delete Apps On Vizio TV?
Vizio TVs come with different platforms, which is their operating system. The app deleting process is pretty much different across each operating system.
But don’t worry!
I have covered the app deleting process for all Vizio TV operating systems. Whether you’re using Vizio SmartCast, Vizio Internet Apps, or Internet Apps Plus, I will guide you on deleting apps on all these platforms.
1- How To Delete Apps On Vizio SmartCast
The latest Vizio TVs come up with a SmartCast operating system. Unfortunately, on SmartCast OS, you can’t delete apps directly. However, you can rearrange or shuffle the apps to improve the interface.
The only vigorous way to delete pre installed apps on Vizio SmartCast is to reset the TV to its factory settings.
But before resetting your TV, you should customize the location of apps to avoid cluttering.
- Grab the remote control and press the “Home” button.
- Scroll down to the app, and from the left side, you will find “Customize App Row” tap on it.
- Here you can rearrange the location of apps.
If you want to delete all apps from Vizio SmartCast TV, you must do Factory Reset. Here are the steps to do this process.
- Press the Settings button on the Vizio TV remote.
- Go to All Settings.
- Scroll down “Admin & Privacy”> “Reset To Factory Settings.”
- Tap on Reset TV.
2- How To Delete Apps On Vizio Smart TV
On Vizio Smart TVs, you can easily delete the apps.
- First, open the Home screen.
- Navigate to the app menu.
- Now hover over the app that you want to delete.
- Press and hold the okay button on the remote for three seconds.
- A confirmation box will pop up; tap “Delete” to delete that app.
3- How to Delete Apps on Vizio Internet Applications (VIA)
If you have a Vizio Smart TV that uses the Vizio Internet Applications (VIA) platform, the process for deleting apps is somewhat different than newer models.
- First, press the ‘VIA’ or “V” button on Vizio remote.
- This will open up the apps at the bottom of the screen.
- Now hover over the app that you want to delete.
- Press and hold the okay button until it shows a dropdown menu.
- Select the “Delete” option. A confirmation box will pop up; select “Yes” to delete app.
4- How to Delete Apps on VIZIO Internet Application Plus (VIA Plus)
If you’re using Vizio TV with Internet Application Plus (VIA Plus), follow these steps to uninstall apps.
- Press the “VIA” button on the remote control.
- You will see the My App icon on the Home Screen; navigate to it.
- Here you will find all the apps that you have installed. Select the app that you want to uninstall.
- Tap the delete button to uninstall that app.
- A confirmation box will appear; tap “ok” to delete app.
In summary, decluttering your Vizio TV’s interface by removing unwanted apps is a straightforward process that varies slightly depending on the specific Vizio platform.
I have mentioned the steps for all Vizio TV platforms; whether you are using Vizio SmartCast, Vizio Internet Apps (VIA), or Internet Apps Plus, you can follow this guide.
Remember that for SmartCast, a factory reset is necessary to remove all apps, while for VIA and Internet Apps Plus platforms, individual apps can be deleted directly. You can also easily reinstall the deleted apps on Vizio TV.
Regularly managing your apps enhances your viewing experience, making it more organized and efficient.
Can I delete apps on a Vizio SmartCast TV?
While it is not possible to delete apps directly on a Vizio SmartCast TV, you can rearrange the apps or reset the TV to its factory settings to remove all apps.
Does deleting apps on my Vizio smart TV free up space?
Yes, deleting apps from your Vizio smart TV can help free up space for the installation of new apps or for improving your TV’s performance.
How to Update Apps on Vizio SmartCast TV?
Updating apps on a Vizio SmartCast TV is quite simple. Unlike many other operating systems, SmartCast TVs automatically update apps in the background without any input from the user.
This means that you don’t need to manually update each app. Just ensure your TV is connected to the internet. This way, your apps will always be up-to-date with the latest features and improvements.
Hi! I’m Aiden Elliot. I’m a tech nerd and have worked in the tech industry for the last 7 years. Now I have founded JustSmartHues to help you fix tech issues. I hope you will find this blog helpful.