There are a couple of input ports behind the Vizio TV; that’s why you have to select the right input source to get the display.
Fortunately, changing Input on Vizio TV is straightforward with a remote control. Grab the Vizio remote, press the “Input” button, and change the Input.
But if you don’t have a remote control, you can use a Vizio SmartCast app or physical button behind Vizio TV to change its input settings.
In this article, I will teach you some quick steps to switch inputs on Vizio TV so you can get the right display on the TV.
How To Change Input On Vizio TV With Remote
So if you have a remote control, changing inputs is easy.
Step 1: First, turn on the Vizio smart TV.
Step 2: Grab the Vizio remote and press the “INPUT” button from the top left corner.
Step 3: You will see an input menu on the screen that shows the available inputs of Vizio TV. Now select the appropriate Input to which you have connected the third-party devices.
Step 4: Hover over to the desired Input source and press the “OK” button from the remote. Congratulations! You have successfully selected the right Input.
How To Change Vizio TV Input Source Without A Remote?
1- Use Physical Buttons
If you don’t have a Vizio remote, don’t fret; changing the input settings on Vizio tv is not a big challenge without a remote.
Every Vizio TV comes with physical buttons located behind the TV or may be beneath it in some models. Using these buttons, you can easily switch between the different inputs.
Here are the steps that you should follow.
- Locate the “Input” or “Source” button behind your Vizio TV.
- Press the input button.
- Now you will see the list of input ports on the screen.
- Use the arrow buttons to select the desired input. The arrow buttons are present aside from the input button.
2- Use Vizio SmartCat App
If you don’t find any physical buttons on Vizio TV, you can use the Vizio SmartCast app to change the input settings.
The Vizio SmartCast app is the official Vizio app that allows you to control the Vizio tv without a remote. The app turns your smartphone into a virtual TV remote, so you can easily change settings, volume, switch channels, and directly open apps.
Here are the steps to connect the Vizio SmartCast app to Vizio TV and change its settings.
- First, install the Vizio SmartCast app on your smartphone. The app is available for both Android and iOS.
- Tap on the “Select Devices” option from the top.
- Then tap on get started.
- Now the app will automatically start searching for nearby Vizio TV. Make sure that your TV is turned on.
- A pin will pop ups on the top of Vizio’s screen; enter that pin on your phone.
- Congratulations! Your Vizio TV is not connected to the SmartCast app.
- Now you can easily change the “Input” setting via virtual remote.
How To Change The Input Name On Vizio TV?
There are multiple HDMI ports and USB ports available on Vizio smart TVs, that’s why it’s hard to remember the input’s name. So you should rename them to remember the inputs.
Here are the steps to rename the input name on Vizio TV;
- Press the menu button on Vizio remote control.
- Scroll down to the device option and tap on it.
- A list of inputs will pop up.
- Select the desired input to rename.
- Now type your favorite name using the on screen keyboard.
- Then press ok to save the name.
Why Is My Vizio TV Input Not Working?
Sometimes the Vizio TV doesn’t pick up the signals from input ports, and Input won’t work. There are different reasons why the inputs source don’t work; the primary cause is the faulty HDMI cables.
With time dust and debris particles accumulate in the ports and block them completely. That’s why you should consider cleaning the ports.
Sometimes your device is incompatible with the Vizio firmware, and that’s why the TV doesn’t pick up the device. In this case, you should update the firmware of Vizio TV to avoid compatibility conflicts.
You must change the input source on Vizio TV to get the display from the desired port. There are severals HDMI, and USB ports available on TV, so select the one port at a time that you want to get the display.
Luckily, it’s very easy to switch the inputs on Vizio TVs, and they come up with a built-in input button, so you can easily change inputs using that button.
Hi! I’m Aiden Elliot. I’m a tech nerd and have worked in the tech industry for the last 7 years. Now I have founded JustSmartHues to help you fix tech issues. I hope you will find this blog helpful.